Hello there friends!
I am super excited to announce that Christmas in July is coming back to the Bacon Haus! July is when the manufacturers release the year's new Christmas fabrics. It seems crazy to be buying and sewing with Christmas fabrics when it is mid-summer, but getting a head start is never a bad idea. I am always running behind when it actually gets to holiday time!
To help you out with that, Chrissy and Linda of Sew Lux Fabrics have gathered together a group of bloggers to inspire you with tutorials with the 2014 Christmas lines.
I am sewing with Folk Art Holiday by Gina Martin. I have been smitten with this line since I first saw those birds and that shade of blue. This is my kind of Christmas line!
Here is a sneak peak of my project, which is actually finished, because I have to go to Alabama next week. But this tutorial is going to be epic, super fun and simple. Dare I say folksy? This quilt can be made with 8 fat quarters and 3 yards of solid (I found that Bella bleached white was the best match). It is super simple comes together fast (I promise).
Christmas is sneaky, and if you wait too long those fabrics will be sold out!
Sew Lux has you covered! The awesome mother and daughter team over at Sew Lux are offering 10% off all of the bundles featured in the Christmas in July bundles featured in the series. Bundles are on sale through 7/13 with coupon code NICELIST for 10% off. This only applies to the bundles on the Christmas in July page - NOT all Christmas fabric.
You should also go check out the Sew Lux website, it is shiny and new and definitely worth a perusal.
Here's our Schedule of Events for the Series:
- July 7th - Series Announcement & Bundle Sale
- July 14th - Solstice Wreath Mini Tutorial (See that cute wreath in our series button image? We'll show you how to make it here on the Sew Lux Blog!)
- July 21st - Sewing with Winter Wonderland - Lee of May Chappell
- July 22nd - Sewing with Be Jolly - Chrissy of Sew Lux
- July 21-August 4th - Linky open to link up your projects
- August 5th - Winner Announced
Sew with Us!
To encourage you all to also get a start on your holiday sewing, we're offering up some prizes! All you have to do is make a project using one of the tutorials from the series and link it up by August 4th! You can use a bundle or fabric from your stash - it only has to use one of our 9 tutorials from this series!
There will be two winners chosen at random and announced on August 5th. International friends are welcome to participate - your prize will be included with your shipment upon redeeming your gift certificate.
- Grand Prize: $50 gift certificate to Sew Lux Fabric, a set of 6 You're Sew Nice cards, and an assortment of three patterns by May Chappell
- 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate to Sew Lux Fabric, a set of 6 You're Sew Nice cards, and a pattern by May Chappell