I often like to start a blog post by stating where I am located while I am typing these words. Usually it is some tiny little town in a generic hotel room for work and sometimes I am at my desk at home in North Carolina.
Today, I am in a plane over the earth on my way to Austin, Texas. I am going to QUILT CON!
Pause for a second, can I say that again? I am going to Quilt Con. I can hardly believe it. This is such a huge treat for me. It has been planned for months and it is finally here. It feels like Christmas, Hannukah, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Easter, and my birthday all rolled into one.
Okay, now that I am sort of over that. Are you going to Quilt Con? Can we meet? I am going to have buttons to trade or just give you.
I am going to start this epic blog post by telling you the ways you can find me at Quilt Con.
Firstly, I am taking two classes. Victoria Findley Wolf’s Modern String of Florid Blooms and Yoshiko Jinzenji’s Sheer Fabrics—Silhouette Pillow. I am also volunteering on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as a classroom assistant and in the lecture hall.
I have two quilts in the show. Please visit them!
You may remember Fade to Black. I love this quilt. More information about this quilt here.
The quilt you may not have seen is Paint Chip. This quilt deserves its own blog post so I am going to keep this brief here. Rainbows make me happy and this quilt makes me so happy… This quilt feels like it brings its own sunshine.
I am going to be honest about this, I was nervous to share these quilts and tell you I have quilts in the show. There was so much chatter on the Internet about getting into the show and or not getting into the show. I don’t want to seem like I am too modest or brag too much. It is a hard line to tow sometimes.
Okay, off this subject. Talking about these things is hard for me.
I thought I would give you some fun facts about myself! I love lists!
1. Despite my blog name and adorable pig. I am allergic to mammal meat. So, I can’t eat bacon. It is an allergy from ticks, the moral of this story is that bug spray is good and I miss bacon.
2. For my day job, I am an archaeologist. This is not unrelated to fact one. I travel a ton for work.
3. I grew up in the Portland, Oregon, which is where my parents still live. I moved to Colorado when I was 18 to go to college. I met my husband in college and then I followed him to North Carolina. Until I did that, I swore I would never move for a man. I have never ever regretted my decision to
4. I am addicted to Pilates and Barre. I try to go to at least 4 classes a week when I am home.
5. My house is under 900 square feet and we have 12 quilts in our living room.
6. I love to cook. My husband and I cook dinner together almost every night.
7. My favorite colors are blue, pink, and I love everything with cats on it. I am also super into kitsch.
I hope we get to meet at Quilt Con if you are going. If not, I promise to recap as much as I can. You should follow me on instagram (@stitchingandbacon) for the play-by-play.
Love you all friends! I hope you are having a great week!