Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Not Much Progress Here (currently living in a hotel room)

Not a ton of progress this week. I left for Tennessee/Alabama on Monday and I am going to be here until next Thursday. Boo! No sewing machine on this trip either (something I regret). Work trips can be such a drag on my sewing time. 

Before I left for my work trip, I got some list items checked off. 

1.) Bee blocks. Finished for this month and in the mail. 



2.) Graduation Quilt. I have made the most progress here. The quilt has been basted and quilted. I will have pictures of it when it is all done and maybe some photos with the graduate and his quilt... Bloggers quilt festival? Maybe?


It is actually here with me and I am hand stitching the binding in the evenings. I have to do something!



3.) Drunkard's Medallion. I am working on Chrissy's adorable center block. This arrived in the mail and it is currently residing on my design wall (btw, do you see this adorable journal she sent me? Squee!). I have a pretty solid plan for my next border and I have pulled my fabrics. Now I just need to get home so I can play!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. Yes BQF that shiz. I don't know what to submit of mine. You need to swing down to B'ham and use my extra sewing machine. Bring me precious artifacts as payment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work. I love the graduation quilt in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may have shown it to him already and he loves it.

      Delete
  3. That graduation quilt looks very cool and funky, hope he likes it! And I love the purple/pink/grey colour scheme on the second set of bee blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Love those second bee blocks, definitely on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The graduation quilt is great and the bee blocks too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for sending me a message. I try to respond to every single comment I get, but sometimes it takes me a bit when life gets crazy. I see them right away and I love you all.